An English In Kentucky

 

 

 

Today

 

Contact

 

Past

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wednesday December 20th 2017Tim Candler9

 

      Nietzsche's idea of will was never simple. There was nothing you could point to and say "That's the Will." He kind of reckoned that we people had drives and these drives bobbed around as something like ping-pong balls in a lottery machine. Not certain that the winning lottery number was "The Will" rather the will was when those drives all came together and blossomed into something that was recognizable as purpose, direction and all those things some of us still think of as enthusiasm that can become naked ambition. Pareto was more mathematically inclined, he just came straight out and said that a mere 20% of us were useful in the area of decision making and bossing everyone else around. The remaining 80% just had to be told what to do otherwise trains would never run on time, it would be total, complete and utter chaos and we all might just as well give up.  Nietzsche's view, which is the one I prefer, contains a less dismissive and irredeemable attitude toward the majority of us even if he did go on to suggest that those of us whose ping-pong balls have yet to come together and bloom remain 'slavish' or if you prefer sheep-like.

 

Past

     And in an odd way Trotsky, when he thought about "What is to be Done" knew that an enthusiastic Vanguard of Revolutionaries would only ever remain enthusiastic and dedicated to the dream for so long, which is why revolution was kind of a permanent thing that had to be frequently refreshed so that you didn't get a bunch of old farts stuck in their ways clinging to the reins of power because they thought they knew best. Stranger still in Liberal Democracies elections can be thought of as permanent revolution, a refreshing of the ruling class by now and then getting rid of the more egregious and obnoxious in their number through more peaceful methods. The Romanovs, if I recall, were not only shot, they were bayoneted and clubbed to death, their bodies were then mutilated and burned. Which is the sort of grisly thing that can happen when 80% of us don't have regular elections, free and fair, to keep the other 20% in line. These days, of course, it's not a Revolutionary Vanguard, that sound far too sinister, this blooming of ping-pong balls in political consciousness is a called a Political Wave, so put away the lottery ticket, the bayonet and inflate the water wings.

 

Previous      Next

Propaganda

http://gentlerangst.blogspot.com/